The Linguistic and Technical University in Przasnysz together with S. Amanzholov East Kazakhstan State University on 07 February 2019 established the Abaya Science Centre in Chojnow.
The opening of the Centre coincided with the 'Year of Youth', declared by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The aim of the Scientific Centre is to popularise and expand knowledge of the traditions and customs of the Kazakh people, the works of the great poet and educator Abay, among Polish students and the Polish people. Furthermore, within the framework of the cooperation, it is planned to deepen mutual educational and cultural relations, as well as to develop academic mobility and a dual degree programme between the universities of both countries.
During the ceremony, the Rector, Professor Tolgen Mukhtar Adilbekovich, presented the research and scientific achievements of S. Amanzholov East Kazakhstan State University from Ust-Kamenogorsk to date, while Mrs Professor Aizhan Kartayeva, together with Mr Professor Orazalin Slyambek, introduced the participants to the life and work of the well-known writer, poet and translator Abay Kunanbayev. Kazakh students from Warsaw, Lublin and Wrocław also took part in the ceremony. The students emphasised that the Centre is to become an international platform for the implementation of joint scientific and educational projects, promoting Abaya Kunanbayev’s encyclopaedic heritage, popularising the modern culture of Kazakhstan. The students, together with the academic staff, also prepared a short music and poetry concert for the participants of the ceremony.
The Rectors of the two Universities signed an agreement on mutual cooperation in the field:
- exchanges of students, staff and graduates between the two universities;
- exchange of scientific materials, publications and information;
- exchange of cultural activities;
- the organisation of joint conferences;
- joint research and scientific activities
- development of the dual-degree programme
Special thanks are due to the Mayor of the Czernice Borowe commune, Mr Wojciech Marek Brzeziński, and his wife, Mrs Małgorzata Brzezińska, who were involved in the whole ceremony and prepared the venue in the historic Chojnów Manor House, built at the end of the 19th century.
The participants visited the Museum of Romanticism in Opinogóra Górna, where they learned about the work of Zygmunt Krasiński and other writers and poets from the Romantic period. The meeting was attended by the Head of the Opinogóra Górna Municipality, Mr Piotr Czyżyk, and the Director of the Museum in Opinogóra Górna, Mr Roman Kochanowicz.
In the evening, the guests travelled to Jednorożec, where they were welcomed by the Head of the Jednorożec commune, Mr Krzysztof Iwulski, together with representatives of the Commune Senior Citizens’ Club and young people from the ‘Młode Kurpie’ Regional Song and Dance Ensemble led by Ms Barbara Nizielska.
Abay Kunanbayev’s sentences
- Love all mankind like a brother.
- There is neither faith nor well-being without education.
- The tongue that obeys the heart will not lie.
- Man is the friend of man.
- Man should be distinguished by his reason, knowledge, will of conscience and goodness.
- There are three things that can cause disgrace to all mankind, things you should avoid, and these are ignorance, laziness and wickedness.
- By studying the language and culture of other peoples, man becomes equal and has no need of humble requests.
- The reasonable man should know that it is the duty of the believer to do good. A righteous idea need not fear the test of reason.
- The Son of the Father is an enemy to other men. But the Son of humanity is your dear brother.