ENGLISH PHILOLOGY - FIRST-CYCLE STUDIESFree
About this course
Knowledge of English is now essential for free communication in different parts of the world. English is the language of business, entertainment, science, and the arts. If you are interested in English Philology, studying this field will be an opportunity to broaden your knowledge and gain the skills necessary to communicate effectively and get an attractive job.
ENGLISH PHILOLOGY – FIRST-CYCLE STUDIES (BACHELOR’S DEGREE)
You will decide for yourself the scope of knowledge you want to explore. Our professional staff, consisting of experienced specialists, will take care of conveying the message to you in an effective, interesting and enjoyable way. Philological studies will open up numerous career paths for you, as well as allow you to pursue your passions.
FORM OF STUDY
The studies are conducted in a full-time, part-time and part-time form (online studies).
In the part-time mode, studies are held in the form of weekend meetings (Saturday, Sunday).
Part-time first- and second-cycle studies are conducted using remote and distance work methods.
Thanks to a variety of forms of conducting classes, you can easily adjust your participation in them to your private and professional life.
You will get a bachelor’s degree and a thorough education without having to leave your home.
Online English Philology is not new to us. We have introduced remote learning by listening to the needs of our students. Thanks to the form of online classes, they can save time and money related to commuting to classes, without sacrificing high standards of teaching.
Many years of experience in the field of distance learning means that we do not have to deal with technical and curricular problems, which is a problem for universities forced to change their form. For us, online English philology has been a standard for years.
SPECIALIZATIONS IN ENGLISH PHILOLOGY
We offer modern philological studies at the university level. As part of the English Philology specialization, the student may choose one of the following specializations:
English Philology for Teachers
If you feel that you would like to share your knowledge with others and teach a foreign language – choose a teaching specialisation. Thanks to us, you will gain qualifications that will allow you to work in educational institutions or conduct language courses, also abroad – your qualifications will be respected in all countries of the European Union. Thanks to your studies at the University of Linguistics and Technology, you will gain not only substantive knowledge in the field of teaching a foreign language, but also competences in the field of psychology or didactics, which will make your work a pleasure.
You will gain linguistic knowledge, as well as psychological and pedagogical preparation to work with students of different ages and levels.
English Translation Philology
If your dream is to work in an international company or you want to work as a translator – choose a translation profile. During your studies, you will gain skills that will allow you to translate various types of texts (literary texts, press and Internet publications, and many others). During the classes, you will learn how to use a computer and the Internet while working as an interpreter. We will also prepare you for specialist translations. In this area, you will face texts related to medicine, law, media, economics, art or technology. Together with us, you will make your dreams come true and you will easily find yourself on the job market.
You will have the opportunity to cooperate both with entities requiring written translations (e.g. publishing houses, translation agencies) and with companies that have regular personal or telephone contact with foreign partners, which will require translations on the fly. Reflexes and excellent knowledge of linguistic nuances will prove to be important. Be a professional and study with us!
CAREER PROSPECTS — ENGLISH PHILOLOGY
Graduates of first-cycle studies in the field of philology with specializations in English or Russian philology obtain a bachelor’s degree. Has knowledge of English or Russian in all written and spoken skills at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, which allows them to use a foreign language freely in professional and non-professional contacts. The graduate has advanced knowledge in the field of linguistics, literary studies and basic knowledge of the history and cultural life of the countries of the language area of the chosen specialization. They are prepared to undertake second-cycle and postgraduate studies.
Graduates of Philology, first-cycle studies, may take up employment as
- translator of applied texts;
- The teaching specialisation prepares students to practise the profession of an English teacher in grades IV to VIII of the primary school, while qualifications to practise the teaching profession at this stage of education require completion of first- and second-cycle studies. The above training for the teaching profession is in accordance with Annex 1, point 1.1 of the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 25 July 2019 on the standard of initial teacher training and the Announcement of the Minister of Education and Science of 6 April 2021 on the publication of the consolidated text of the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education on the standard of preparation for the teaching profession (Journal of Laws, item 1450).
- in institutions where the ability to use a foreign language in professional situations is required;
- an assistant to cooperate with a foreign partner;
- a self-employed person in Poland or abroad;
- teachers working in language schools.
Graduates receive a bachelor’s degree confirmed by a diploma of higher professional studies in the field of philology. The basis of teaching in the field of philology is the practical education of a foreign language, oriented towards its fluency, the richness of colloquial and specialist vocabulary.
The curriculum is complemented by subjects from an extensive block of courses in the field of general and general education, which are to equip ULT graduates with the knowledge and skills required by the modern labour market.
Thanks to studying at our university, graduates:
- They will gain knowledge of the language of the specialty at the C1 level.
- They will obtain professional qualifications as part of their chosen profession.
- They acquire basic knowledge and skills in linguistics (with an emphasis on applied linguistics) and in literary and cultural studies.
- They develop a culture of thinking and the ability to work in a team.
After completing the Bachelor’s degree in English Philology at ULT, graduates can take up employment or continue their education at second-cycle studies in the same or another field of study, or at selected postgraduate studies.
Sign up now! You will get more information from us.